Sunday, January 11, 2015

That which makes for greatness....

A pile of sun scorched dry bones lying in a valley becomes great.....

What do those who were once not even skeletons know deep within those bones?

They know what got them there.
They know what that place feels like.
They know His grace beyond any effort they could ever put forth.

What makes for greatness?

"So I prophesied as I was commanded; and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and behold, a rattling; and the bones came together, bone to its bone. And I looked, and behold, sinews were on them, and flesh grew and skin covered them; but there was no breath in them. Then He said to me, “Prophesy to the breath, prophesy, son of man, and say to the breath, ‘Thus says the Lord God, “Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe on these slain, that they come to life.”’” So I prophesied as He commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they came to life and stood on their feet, an exceedingly great army." Ezekiel 37


They know the sounds of rattling deep within all that they are...
They know the sensations of coming back together in right order and alignment...
They know what it means to have no breathe left 
They know the song of the four winds...
They have tasted of the driest of dry
They have tasted death after death 


What makes them exceedingly great?

The depth of understanding that reverberates into every form and facet of their being, every part of their psyche, their ego, their entire make up understands the reality that but God ....

But His breathe
But His wish for their life
But Him and His desire

They would have been left upon a field NOTHING more than a pile of dry bones...

I would have been left upon a field as a pile of dry bones but His wishes.. His desires.... His  passion.


It is a song that has been left within my being.  The sounds of rattling, the sounds of wind, the sounds of  breath... I have been branded by their songs ayd their sound.. They propel me into understanding and they cause me to bow and bow low.  They have taught me my place in the created order and have settled my soul.  I am no more and I am no less then that which I exist in His heart song. I have touched cease striving and know Him as God, receive breath back into your being and know Him as God and in so doing I have touched a most awe inspiring fire that will never be consumed but consumes all in its path.  And it is well with my soul.

He may consume all that He desires and yet He leaves me more and more whole. 

Close your eyes
lean back upon the wind
Hear its singing over you 
It is calling the you who you really are to emerge
Stand in the fires of Heaven not for service but for life....  it will propel service but seek it not for service... seek the fires that burn away all the dross within our thinking and receive the ways that are so much higher then...


Pause

Wait for it
Silence yourself and wait for it

What makes for greatness?

A heart submitted to breathe, to life, to Him.. a life lived acknowledging it is under His gaze in which we live and breathe and have our being...

Forgetting greatness and laying it all behind .. He considered His equality with God nothing to be grasped but laid it down...  For the joy that was set before Him...

Forgetting greatness and embracing Joy and a life of light and peace and gentleness and strength.. a life in Him...

 The breathe of God courses through my being..The songs are rest, quiet, silence, returning over and over again to Him..enjoying and delighting in Him as He delights in me and us and all creation...

God desires pull us into a life and existence in our wildest lives we would never even imagine... my mind was too small and my focus too on the ways of man....  He took my chin and settled His gaze upon me and lifted my head and caused me to get lost in His eyes...

He has settled our souls once and for all...   and it is good as it was in the beginning .. it is good.... it is very good.


No comments:

Post a Comment