Thursday, August 27, 2015

When I think of her today I will smile

When I think of you today I will smile
When I think of you today I will remember
When I look up to the sky or close my eyes I will acknowledge
           that you exist all around me and in me..
When I remember you today I will celebrate, dance, laugh, cry
           and smile
When I think of you today I will talk to you and this is what I will
            say.....

My dearest auntie,
I would have never known that I could live a year without you. I never
             wanted to live a year without you. And while I know I haven't walked
              one step without your presence, I miss your voice. I miss your strength.
              I miss how you just made everything better. I miss you, my person.  Your
               death felt like mine too. Yet I was left to live.  Auntie, as you know... I'm
              finding my way... I wish it included you. I wish that every moment. But
              I've found your strength deep inside me.  Auntie .. All those talks and times
              and calls and walks... I've found their remembrances deep within me.  I've
              found you in me...

I know we would laugh together and celebrate how my yoga journey has brought
             me to the population you loved so much. Do you know it just dawned on me?
             I realized as I sat leading some precious young women in yoga.  I realized
             that this people group had captured my heart and I felt you and your life
             lives onward. How I wish I could pick your brain and learn from you!

I learned so much from you and you still continue to teach me.. So as I think of you
             today, I promise I will try to smile more then cry.  Maybe I'll do a lot of both!


You are missed beyond measure. This journey has landed upon your nieces and nephews.
               They miss you and they ache.  They miss your hugs and smiles and love. We've
                all learning day by day and step by step how to do this thing called life without
                you in it. We are helping one another.   I know you smile upon us and strengthen us
                 as you always did.   Hey Auntie... Sorry about the car BUT thank you for watching over
                your nephew! Thank you for protecting him from above so that he walked away basically
                 Untouched!  Thank you!

Thank you auntie!  Thank you that I hold in my heart a life time of strength and courage because of such a rich deposit you made... Thank you for being my auntie and for being my auntie.  Feel free to come in my dreams...

With all that I am
I love you
Your neice always, aways and forever





No comments:

Post a Comment